These people make everyone around them better, and yet most people whose lives they change don’t even realize it.
So what’s their secret? I honestly wish I knew their special recipe, but I’m going to do my best to share what I know with all of you.
I’d like to distill the magic of these people into a handful of ideas that I draw inspiration from. These are all things you can strive to adopt in your own life.
– They are genuinely interested in what you have to say, and you feel like a good person, an interesting person, when they listen.
– They encourages you to grow, to do something beyond your comfort zone, without making you feel like you’re not already great. They are encouraging without making you feel bad about yourself.
– They cause you to think BIG! You know those ideas you only dream about when you’re half awake, half asleep? These people draw those dreams out of you and make you begin to believe that you could bring that dream into reality.
– They are accepting of who you are, not critical. They are kind. You don’t hear them badmouthing people, only feeling compassion for their difficulties and circumstances.
– They are always looking to help people, without concern about themselves. That’s not to say they don’t look out for themselves — they do — but it seems like they wants to help without needing to be repaid, nor given credit.
– They inspire others to become interested in what they are interested in, because of their excitement. Things just sound interesting when they’re really interested.
I’m not saying these people are perfect. No one is. And there could be many other ways these people influence others. But these are traits I see in the people I admire, and constantly strive to imitate. I don’t know if I’ll ever reach those heights, but I’m grateful for their example.[image link]